JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Technician provides general mechanical and electrical maintenance and upkeep to Beyond Meat’s equipment in a co-manufacturer environment
The Maintenance Technician plays a key-supporting role in meeting production goals by assisting with efforts to increase efficiencies, reducing downtime, providing preventative equipment maintenance and completing facility work orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follow safety, food safety and GMP practices beyond regulatory needs.
· Perform basic mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs.
· Respond to all emergency line calls cooperatively and promptly.
· Set up schedule and perform assigned equipment preventative maintenance.
· Setup and operate various power tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
· Practice good housekeeping by consistently maintaining an organized, clean work area.
· Assist in maintaining a safety first culture; practice safety- first priorities by repairing and communicating safety hazards.
· Complete work orders and documents activities daily.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
· Background in industrial, mechanical, and electrical systems preferred, ability to read PID and electrical schematics necessary.
· High degree of competency in the application of motor drives, gearboxes and pneumatic systems.
· Basic understanding of refrigeration systems.
· Preferred experience with Multi-Vac, Rotary Bagger, Stuffer and/or Extruder.
· Strong Electrical and PLC troubleshooting skills.
· Problem solving skills.
· Strong decision making skills
· MUST be SELF-MOTIVATED
· Excellent comprehension and communication skills
· Ability to work 12 hour shifts.
· Flexibility to work any/all shifts to support a high growth work environment. Mandatory overtime is required on occasion, which can include some weekends.
· Ability to operate Fork Trucks and lifts.
· Teamwork and a positive attitude essential to maintain a culture of cooperation and respect.
· Punctual and dependable.
· Attention to detail.
· One year maintenance related experience; food manufacturing experience preferred.
Must be able to repetitively lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
Warehouse and production manufacturing environment within the Columbia, MO plant.
Hourly Rate: $20-$26 Depending on experience