JOB PURPOSE & SUMMARY:
The Supply Chain Planner is responsible for optimizing the supply chain process of determining when which products, quantities, and locations are required in order to meet forecasted demand at agreed upon service levels. The Supply Chain Planner will interface the developed Distribution Requirements Planning solution with the developed demand planning solution to establish the appropriate safety stock, working stock, reorder points and replenishment targets for all SKU’s.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Experience implementing supply chain planning tools(MS/SQL Query refresh)
· Maintains Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) needs to keep overall inventory investment at appropriate levels.
· Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
· Vendor Management and Negotiations including supply disruptions and quality issues.
· Statistical Forecast management
· Forecast Analysis and Optimization-identify issues and/or trends
· Inventory Analysis and Optimization-assess and mitigate risk
· High touch coordination with manufacturing to ensure delivery of ordered goods
· Facilities return of merchandise to supplier to due quality issues, delivery terms, etc.
· Place purchase orders and maintain various reports.
· Liaise with Quality to maintain Approved Vendors List & on-board new vendors
· Month end inventory management including analysis of investments
· Other duties and projects as assigned by Supply Chain Director
· Bachelor’s degree; Operations or Supply Chain related discipline preferred
· APICS certification or working towards equivalent preferred, along with solid understanding of MS Query and SQL
· Minimum 4 years of progressive Supply Chain experience (food or beverage industry experience preferred)
· Understanding of MRP (material requirement planning) and master production schedule (MPS) systems
· Instinctive critical thinker with understanding of forecasting, supply planning and inventory optimization
· Capable of presenting data and analyses in an organized clear and concise manner;
· Proficiency in creating supply chain planning solutions in ERP systems (experience with Netsuite or related system preferred)
· Microsoft Office with Intermediate Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, data validation, complex formulas and conditional formatting)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment while balancing multiple projects and competing priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Heavy email, phone usage, sitting and some travel.