At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love, while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
This a full-time position, reporting to the Production Manager at our manufacturing facility in Columbia, Missouri. The Extruder Operator will operate and monitor all equipment required to manufacture each product at or above established rates of production. Equipment includes by-product system to insure proper bin separation by assignment and water tank system to insure proper amounts are dumped/mixed in proper tanks by assignment. Must perform all required tests and make adjustments as needed to insure product quality falls within specification guidelines.
· Review productions schedules daily prior to beginning of shift.
· Communicates operation status with on coming/off going shifts.
· Perform all required in-process tests/monitor finished product results.
· Continual monitoring of all equipment in assigned areas and quality of product being produced.
· Perform knife, feed, steam and water adjustments when needed to maintain quality, adjust dryers for moisture control.
· Monitor all electrical panel boards and steam controls associated with processing equipment in assigned areas.
· Troubleshooting, recognize maintenance problems and initiate a work request to get equipment repaired.
· Must be able to perform all aspects, job functions involved in a changeover:
· Communicate/coordinate with scale operators for new product feed to be batch into meal system
· Communicate start-ups/shutdown with packing operator.
· Start-up and lining out extruders once changeovers are complete.
· Must maintain adequate, satisfactory sanitation level of assigned areas at all times.
· Must be able to accurately complete all daily paperwork.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1 year experience as an extruder operator
· 2 years experience in manufacturing
· Team player and flexible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing for long periods of time monitoring equipment operation. Heavy lifting 50lbs or more.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Food manufacturing facility