At Beyond Meat™, we believe there is a better way to feed the planet. Our mission is to create mass-market solutions that perfectly replace animal protein with plant protein. We are dedicated to improving human health, positively impacting climate change, conserving natural resources and respecting animal welfare. Beyond Meat™ was founded in 2009 on the premise that meat’s building blocks—amino acids, lipids, carbohydrates, and minerals—are abundant in plant matter and that through science, these inputs can be assembled in the same architecture present in animals, thereby creating meat directly from plants. At Beyond Meat™, we want to make the world a better place and we’re starting one delicious meal at a time.
The Q/A and R&D Teams of Beyond Meat™ are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team, remotely located in Mansfield, TX. This ideal candidate will have a passion for healthy food and lifestyles and be driven by the opportunity to contribute positive change in the food industry. This successful, self-motivated, creative, team-oriented, resourceful, adaptable, and results-oriented individual will have a keen understanding and extensive hands-on experience in Quality Assurance, Food Sensory Standards and Food Safety.
In this full time position, the candidate will be responsible for production floor oversight for the co-manufacturer of Beyond Meat, located in Mansfield, TX. The individual will act as a liaison among various Beyond Meat teams and the co-manufacturer. Reporting jointly into Product Development and Quality, the Quality/Sensory Technician will be responsible for ensuring that products produced are within specification (sensory, food safety, and regulatory) and that HACCP, FDA regulations, and SOPs are followed in the production areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Conduct pre-operational checks on production equipment (5:00AM), production personnel and GMPs, and ensure all HACCP and FDA rules and regulations are being followed.
● Monitor Sensory attributes to be within specification; communicate products that do not meet specification to the appropriate co-manufacturer operations staff.
● Perform all testing and verification of equipment, product, packaging, coding, and other on-line parameters.
● Prepare and pull samples for weekly Sensory cuttings.
● Oversee weekly and monthly swabbing for Environmental Monitoring Program.
● Communicate quality and safety concerns and recommend a course of action to the QA and Production teams.
● Generate Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs).
● Provide training, tools, techniques, and coaching to assure co-manufacturer is fully capable of achieving Quality & Food Safety expectations
● Participate in investigations to determine and address root causes of any products outside of specifications during manufacturing of BYMT products (sensory concerns, quality failures, regulatory inspections, customer complaints, etc.)
● Other tasks as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Quality Assurance or related field, comparable professional experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
· Minimum two years’ experience of quality control and sensory testing in a food manufacturing facility.
· Strong conflict resolution skills.
· Strong execution orientation.
· Comprehensive understanding of FDA regulations and HAACP programs.
· Strong self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision.