At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
This a full-time position, reporting to the Product Development Engineer located at our manufacturing facility in Columbia, Missouri. The Process Technician has the primary role in ensuring the testing and development of the Process Engineering team is successful. This person will ensure preparation and correct set-up or materials and equipment for all the repetitions/variables for testing, whether at Beyond Meat’s pilot plant or factory, at equipment manufacturers’ facilities, or at a co-manufacturer facility. The Process Technician will become the expert in the PE team in machine operation and main maintenance requirements. This role, along with the PE team member will also interface with operating staff at Beyond Meat or co-manufacturing production facilities.
- Prepare raw materials for process testing.
- Assemble, run, disassemble and sanitize most equipment used in testing of Beyond Meat products.
- Assist with shipping and receiving of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products.
- Assist with process engineers testing which may include operating equipment, taking data, pre-weighing, batching, etc.
- Assist process engineers with communication and guidance of installation contractors in the installation of new/rented Beyond Meat equipment.
- Calibrate equipment and meters.
- Serve as the backup to production floor if necessary.
- Work with Process Engineering team on proactively improving Process Improvement program.
- Write-up standard operating procedures (SOPs), safety SOPs and Preventive Maintenance SOPs for new machinery acquired by Beyond Meat.
- Education: High School and certification training in welding, electrical, electronics, HVAC, mechanical or other technical fields. OSHA compliant safety training a plus.
- Experience: 3-5 yearsexperience as a process technician at product development lab, pilot plant, or commercial capacity plant in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Experimentation, mounting, dismounting, and sanitation experience.
- Experience operating and sanitizing pumping equipment, centrifugal pumps.
- Experience in setting-up equipment safety operating procedures, including documentation as well, as physical set-up and operation.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude to learn to mount and dismount equipment with ease.
- Hands on mechanical and equipment operation experience
- Strong mathematical skills with excellent problem solving and equipment troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
Physical Demands:Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. w/ or w/o reasonable accommodations.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.