At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? It turns out you can. So we did. We make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes theylovewhile feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our products are sold in 11,000+ natural and traditional grocery stores nationwide, and we are growing by leaps and bounds. Our investors include Bill Gates, the Twitter founders, Seth Goldman (founder of Honest Tea), and a host of prominent VCs.
We’ve recently developed and launched—to sell-out demand—The Beyond Burger. It’s a plant-based, raw-beef style burger that looks, cooks, and tastes sosimilarto beef it’s being sold in the meat section of the grocery store. That’s an industry first. The Beyond Burger is the opening bid in our Future of Protein vision, whereby we’re inviting retailers and consumers to re-imagine the “meat section” of the grocery store as the “protein section” where plant-based meat lives side by side with animal-based meat.
The Sanitation Supervisor plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance sanitation standards for production processes and equipment. This position supervises our sanitation program to ensure that proper protocols and documentation are meeting Beyond Meat standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains standards, methods and turn-around times for routine cleaning, inspections and evaluations of production equipment and lines.
- Maintains and monitors the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Assists the quality and production teams in developing and maintaining standard procedures and work instructions for cleaning and mixing chemicals.
- Oversees root cause investigations and collaborates on corrective and preventive actions relating to plant sanitation.
- Creates and manages training and training materials for proper sanitation procedure and use of chemicals and equipment.
- Review sanitation records for completion and accuracy.
- Provide necessary documentation or knowledge for internal and external audits.
- Assist with facility environmental monitoring programs including weekly reports and trending of swab sites.
- Work with team on proactively improving the sanitation process at Beyond Meat.
Education:An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.
Specialized Knowledge:Thorough knowledge ofGMP, FDA/USDAandFood Safety, SOP's, SQF.
A. Leadership skills, focused on results, employee engagement, decision making,team work
B. Strong mathematical skills
C. Strong PC skills includes MS office programs
D. Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
Strong mathematical skills
A. The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations. In addition, must be capable of writing detailed reports, and general day-to-day oversight and related correspondence.
B. The ability to effectively present information to groups and respond to questions from peers, supervisors and managers is essential.
C. Ability to multi-task and set priorities within Quality Assurance.
Experience:Minimum 1 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment.
Production, warehouse floor,andoffice environment within the Columbia, MO plant
- Shift: 1st, 6:30 am – 6:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Overtime as required
Salary Commensurate with experience
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.