The Office Manager is responsible for managing overall facility operations, including office and lab at our HQ office. This individual will play a crucial role in maintaining the smooth functioning of an office environment. The individual will act as a single point of contact for company leaders and facilities communication. Flexibility, adaptability, confidentiality, and independent problem-solving are required in various tasks.
This will be a full-time position on-site at our corporate headquarters in South San Francisco.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Scheduling Meetings and Managing calendars for Lab and office team.
- Facilities Management:
- Responsible for managing the office and lab facilities and ensuring they are clean, organized, and well-maintained.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance services, manage office equipment and supplies, and handle facility-related issues or deliveries.
- Think analytically, exercise sound judgment and discretion, independently assess and resolve complex situations, and have flexibility to respond to shifting priorities.
- Manage and exercise judgment on confidential matters.
- Liaison and coordination of Board Meetings of Board members and executives for meetings and communications.
- Demonstrate flexibility while maintaining the sense of urgency and working intensity that the office requires.
- Interface effectively and respectfully with employees and internal and external contacts, including greeting onsite visitors.
- Partner with the senior administrative team to support a fast-paced environment.
- Categorize expenses, reconcile charges against the company's monthly credit card statement, and process expense reports.
- Regular communication with leaders and different heads of the organization
- Assist in the execution, organization, and tracking of Company documents and associated filings.
- Event Planning and coordination: Will be responsible for organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, arranging catering, when necessary, testing AV equipment before the start of the meeting, and anticipating materials needed for the meeting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Experience supporting an office and or facilities with a lab space.
- Experience in the biotech/biopharma industry is highly desired
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and the ability to work with limited direction
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate the needs of a dynamic team
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Proactivity and self-direction
- Interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills and expertise with MS Office Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The transition from standing and sitting often.
Specific vision for this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Evening and weekend work as necessary.
What we offer:
• Industry competitive compensation
• Performance-base bonuses
• Stock options
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• 401K plan
• A collaborative and innovative work environment at the forefront of biotech advancements.
Give your best, live wholesomely:
• Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and dependents
• FSA and HSA
• Basic Life Insurance 2x Earnings & AD&D
• Employee Assistance Program
• Healthcare advocates group to help navigate the healthcare system
• Unlimited paid time off
• Flexible work schedule
• Remote work option
• Paid Holidays
• Mental Health Days & Observance of World Mental Health Day
• Winter shut-down
• Casual work environment
We uphold the ethos of work-life harmony, where enjoyment is woven into our fundamental values of integrity, teamwork, compassion, and excellence.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work remotely is $65,000 to $85,000 per year. The final pay offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and years of experience within the job, the type of years and experience within the industry, education, etc.
Provided they meet all eligibility requirements under the applicable plan documents, employees (and their eligible dependents) will be eligible to enroll in group healthcare plans that offer medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees also will be able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan provided they meet plan requirements. Employees will also enjoy paid holidays throughout the calendar year, subject to relevant terms outlined in the employee handbook. Eligibility requirements for these benefits will be controlled by applicable plan documents.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EEO Employer: VISTAGEN THERAPEUTICS, INC., is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification.
All Employee’s have rights under Federal Employment Laws and link to the three posters: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster Know Your Rights Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Vistagen (Nasdaq: VTGN) is a late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company aiming to transform the treatment landscape for individuals living with anxiety, depression, and other CNS disorders. Vistagen is advancing therapeutics with the potential to be faster-acting, and with fewer side effects and safety concerns, than those currently available for the treatment of anxiety, depression, and multiple CNS disorders. Vistagen’s pipeline includes six clinical-stage product candidates, including fasedienol (PH94B), itruvone (PH10), PH80, PH15, and PH284, each an investigational agent belonging to a new class of drugs known as pherines, as well as AV-101, which is an oral prodrug of an antagonist of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR). Pherines are neuroactive nasal sprays designed with an innovative proposed mechanism of action that activates chemosensory neurons in the nasal cavity and can beneficially impact key neural circuits in the brain without systemic absorption or direct activity on neurons in the brain. Vistagen is passionate about transforming mental health care and redefining what is possible in the treatment of anxiety, depression, and several other CNS disorders.
At Vistagen, we emphasize that mental health is foundational to living vibrant and healthy lives. We believe that healthy minds create healthy communities, and our core goal at Vistagen is to radically improve mental health and well-being worldwide – One Mind at a Time. We are change-makers committed to improving lives by developing innovative, science-based mental health care medicines with the potential to make the impossible, possible - to empower and support patients and their caregivers to achieve faster-acting efficacy without the side effects and safety concerns associated with current treatment options for anxiety and depression.
Vistagen Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY