We are seeking a Network Security Engineer who will be responsible for designing and implementing the network infrastructure and enterprise security solutions. This includes troubleshooting, installing, implementing, and administering network and security systems and providing Tier II support to various teams throughout Farelogix.
What you will do:
- Assess network and security performance to ensure that it meets present and future needs of the business and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct short- and long-term planning to meet network and security requirements
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves network and security issues.
- Configures routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers
- Support network and security issues
- Analyze network and security activity to discover and prevent events and errors
- Recommend network and security changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Provide 24/7 support on a rotational basis
- 7+ years of relevant IT work experience
- 5+ years of relevant network and security work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification, Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA) or equivalent
- Strong working familiarity with routing and switching protocols
- Knowledge of enterprise-level tools and products to provide network and security services including firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, web security and VPN
- Knowledge of network and security monitoring tools such as Wireshark, vulnerability scans, endpoint protection software suites and network availability (NMS)
- Bachelor's degree in IT (or related field) or 10+ years’ experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Networks Certified Professional (JNCIP) or equivalent
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and other open source software
- Familiarity with server virtualization and enterprise storage (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, FC)
- Knowledge of firewalls such as Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto and Fortinet
- Advanced knowledge of OSPF, BGP and IPSec
- Knowledge of enterprise wireless and voice solutions
- Experience with security frameworks and compliance such as PCI DSS and ISO 27001