We are seeking a Software Support Engineer to provide high quality client service with the objective of being a contributor to customer loyalty and highest possible customer retention, ensuring the delivery of consistent superior levels of service to the 3rd party technology providers utilizing Farelogix API Gateway. The position also requires the ability to analyze complex software issues and provide technical leadership in the resolution workflow. You will work with external clients and escalate internally as required. Scope of software issues include supporting integration efforts for new 3rd party developers, assisting in customer configuration, and general software support. This role will also focus on serving as Farelogix technology partners first point of contact via email, phone, eSupport and/or other media channels.
What you will do:
- Take ownership of reported client issues and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve 3rd party API Implementation developer’s issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate FLX internal teams.
- Communicate to 3rd party developers with clear instruction on issue resolution.
- Provide level 3 support for production environment with rotating on-call schedule.
- Work within a small team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Knowledge of airline industry a plus++
- 5 years’ experience providing technical support for application software.
- BS in Computer Science/Information Systems field or equivalent.
- Exceptional written and oral communication required.
- Knowledge and experience with XML-based system interfaces, schema design, andXML based tools like SOAPUI are preferred.
- Background in software development/programming preferred.
- Experience working with off/near shore teams.
- Familiar with Bugzilla, and issue management systems (Jira - Service Desk)
- Airline travel industry experience a plus ++