The QA Analyst is responsible for Automated and Manual testing focused on product functionality, test script creation / execution, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility of Farelogix Product lines.
What you will do:
- Responsible for creating, executing and automating existing test cases, solving, and figuring out why something is not working as designed. Attention to detail, organized, and a true problem solver!
- Create and execute automated test scripts using Soap UI tool (Required) OR Ready API (Preferred)
- Execute test plans according to project priorities
- Performs in depth research to define the cause of the problem and offers solutions to the development team to resolve the problem. Work closely with developers and/or product support representatives to reproduce, isolate, and resolve product anomalies or design issues.
- Analyze test results, identifying and documenting defects.
- Create QA documentation based on project functionality and deliverables. Make recommendations to enhance existing test suites and test cases for future regression. Integrate test suites into a test management system
- Monitor and report on project status; identify issues that may impede attainment of goals; and recommend and implement corrective measures
- Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work exp /at least 2-3 years in a QA Analyst or Tester role.
- Exp with non- GUI based testing and/or testing web services (Web API)
- Good foundation and practical exp with XML-based system interfaces and XML based tools are preferred.
- Exp with QA automation tools such as Soap UI (Required) OR Ready API (Preferred).
- At least 1 year of scripting experience using Java, Java Script or Groovy, understanding of XSLT transformation language, computer science concepts such as variables, data types, strings manipulations, regular expressions.
- Familiar with quality assurance principles, inspection techniques and testing procedures.
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving
- Exp with test management and defect tracking software tools.
- Exp with work in a collaborative environment and working in a rapidly changing environment.
**Experience in testing related to airline reservations systems or Global Distribution Systems (GDS) or other travel industry experience a plus **