The Database Administrator is responsible for the full range of database administration, development, and support, including among others, installation/configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of SQL database management systems.
What you will do:
- Database monitoring, administration, upgrades, backup, and disaster recovery planning & testing and development, including stored procedures, views, etc.
- Maintain multiple environments (development, testing, and production), including patching and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft SSIS and SSRS development, administration, support, and security management.
- Work with cross functional teams to accommodate the database design and administrative needs.
- Participate in the development of long-term planning for new projects.
- Ensuring that external and internal regulations and policies governing data management are met including regulations concerning security, audit ability and privacy.
- Review service-related reports (database backups, maintenance, monitoring) daily to ensure issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
- Respond to database related alerts and escalations and come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Develop ongoing assessments of database performance and identify problem areas.
- Provide ad hoc reports to clients, operations, and administration.
- Contributes to the safeguarding of information in databases and computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure.
- A four-year technical degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and 5 or more years of experience in database administration or related disciplines.
- Experience managing SQL Servers 2016/2014/2012/2008R2, SQL Clustering, and SQL Backups/Restores.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Data Tools development, maintenance, and support.
- Extensive experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), with good understanding of OLAP and OLTP databases of SQL 2008 and above.
- Strong SQL Server database maintenance and performance tuning skills.
- Expertise in database replication, mirroring, and other high availability methodologies.
- Experience with SQL server version upgrade and migration.
- Knowledge or familiarity with XML/XPath/XQuery.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, Agile/SCRUM methodologies, Jira, and Confluence.
- Results-driven and able to handle multiple tasks with shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience creating data models, ERDs, writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including good grammar.
- Position may require working evenings and weekends with little advance notice.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Python and PowerShell.
- Exposure or familiarity with AWS services/technologies, including RDS and EC2.
- Team player and willing to learn new technologies.
** Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule.