Windows System Administrator
**This position is for 2nd shift 3 pm – 11 pm**
The Windows System Administrator is responsible for installing and configuring software and hardware, monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues and ensuring the security and efficiency of the IT infrastructure, managing our local and cloud infrastructure using automated scripts and dashboards.
What you will do:
- Maintain, upgrade, and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role.
- Diagnose and resolve problems quickly. goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Set up accounts, security groups and Servers
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Create and maintain automated scripts to manage our local and cloud infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Build an internal Knowledge Base with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Monitor and report on project status; identify issues that may impede attainment of goals; and recommend and implement corrective measures.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. MCSA, CCNA, Network +, etc.) is recommended
- At least 4 years of proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar roles (AD and ADFS)
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. sever firewalls) and data backup/recovery
- Create scripts in Python, PowerShell or any other language
- Experience troubleshooting connectivity issues (e.g. Ports, DB, network, etc.)
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Working Experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Working experience with VMWare virtualization platform (e.g. ESXI, VCenter, etc.)
- Experience with Windows Clustering technology (is a plus)
- Experience with AWS services (E2C, S3, RDS, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with XML (is a plus)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work on call rotation