Senior Network Security Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer to join our growing team of networking experts. The hire will be responsible for handling network/security support, problem management, managing network performance and proactively identifying issues before they become customer affecting. The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Manage and coordinate resources to meet timelines for multiple projects.
- Support and configure IPsec VPN technologies
- Level 2 and Level 3 support for Incident Management / ticket resolution.
- Support and configure next-gen firewalls, Palo Alto, F5 (LTM), SSL management and Akamai
- Participate in Incident, Problem, Service and Change management.
- Design and deliver based upon Farelogix’ Code of Ethics, GDPR concepts and procedures
- Planning and Perform upgrade of network and security devices
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
- Train and Mentor Junior Network Security Engineers
- Be available to participate in and on-call support rotation
- A Technical B.S. degree with relevant industry certifications i.e. CCNA Security, CCNP, PCNSA, JNCIA-SEC is desirable not needed.
- At least 5+ years hands on troubleshooting experience in Enterprise LAN and WAN environment
- 6+ years proven work related experience is required in configuration of Security Appliances and Layer 7 Firewalls, and VPNs
- Technical expertise with routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and switching (VLAN, Trunking, Dot1x, various flavors of STP) protocols.
- Advanced understanding and experience working with: Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (ARP), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Network Address Resolution (NAT) and DHCP
- Understanding on IPSec, VPNs, GRE, NAT/PAT over varied platforms
- Engineer Requirements
- A strong desire to discover, learn and develop with new technologies
- Must be able to work successfully as part of a team and autonomously.
- Must be detail oriented, with strong documentation skills
Nice to have:
- ITIL process awareness
- Strong communication skills