The primary focus of the Pricing Business Analyst is to identify, recommend solutions, document, and communicate the requirements and direction of new and existing products for airlines that meet the market demand and customer expectations.
What you will do:
· Working with airlines directly, provide innovative solutions for shopping and pricing using ATPCO fares.
· With focus on shopping and pricing, work with cross-functional teams to manage products through concept, development, introduction, and revenue attainment.
· During concept phase, create a product requirements document that defines market, user, and support requirements.
· Lead requirements gathering interfacing with customer’s business, product, and technical teams.
· Clearly identify and document customers’ business needs to justify product requirements. Develop and present business cases on major projects to obtain approval for inclusion in the product plan and ensure the plan and projections identified are met.
· During development phase, work closely with developers and project managers to ensure that the customer requirements are being met.
· During the implementation and launch, work with other internal departments to ensure all elements of the launch come together to support quick adoption by new and existing customers.
· Lead internal Farelogix functional design sessions with product and technical teams.
· Create, review and update functional requirements docs and high level workflow technical design documentation for implementation of systems and applications projects.
· Support internal QA, development and functional support teams by assisting with functional questions.
· Expected to become the subject matter expert (SME).
· Create Use Case documentation based on business requirements.
· Work with Management to establish product priorities /Participate in high level design of products
· Support implementation and launch to the market / Manage pilot/beta tests
· Review / Validate functional specifications and conduct overview testing as necessary
· Manage customer expectations with respect to product functionality
· Conduct internal training and/or Quality Assurance
· Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Strong overall knowledge of ATPCO fares and pricing
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Great time management and presentation skills
· Works well in team environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Confidence to participate and contribute within a technically-advanced, fast-paced, highly-skilled environment.
· 3+ years’ experience in the travel industry (preferably with an airline reservation system, GDS, or travel agency)
· Knowledge of ATPCO fares and pricing and/or fare construction
· Experience in gathering functional requirements and writing functional requirement documents