Farelogix Inc. is seeking an experienced System Administrator to join our SaaS IT Operations team.
** The hours for this position are 3 pm - 11 pm Monday through Friday. **
What you will do:
- Working closely with our Operations Manager, the System Administrator will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems, workstations and servers, including Web servers in support of our customer’s software solutions.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages, schedule installations and upgrades, and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels and ensure workstation or server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develop and promote standard operating procedures.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- 5+ years of experience with troubleshooting computer, hardware, and software and performing help desk support
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows operating platforms
- 3+ years of experience with virtualization technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft IIS
- 2+ years of Linux administration experience
- Experience with network storage and application monitoring required to provision, sustain, operate, and integrate systems and applications
- Experience with troubleshooting issues related to Active Directory topology and related features in a domain environment
- Knowledge of networking concepts, including DNS, DHCP, e-mail, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after hour and weekend support
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
- Experience with server racking, and network cabling in datacenter environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Desired Experience
- Experience with administering machines running Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and Ubuntu
- Experience with Office 365. Knowledge of centralized patching and configuration solutions, preferably IBM BigFix
- Experience with cloud services and solutions, preferably Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with storage technologies
- Experience with chassis and blade systems
- Knowledge of automation solutions, preferably Ansible
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Ability to multi-task and work independently or in a team
- Possession of excellent client service, problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and planning skills