The primary focus of the Business Analyst is to identify, document and communicate the requirements and direction of new and existing products that meet the market demand and customer expectations.
What you will do:
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage products through concept, development, introduction, and revenue attainment.
- During concept phase, create a product requirements document that defines market, user, and support requirements.
- Lead requirements gathering interfacing with customer’s business, product, and technical teams.
- Clearly identify and document customers’ business needs to justify product requirements. Develop and present business cases on major projects to obtain approval for inclusion in the product plan and ensure the plan and projections identified are met.
- During development phase, work closely with developers and project managers to ensure that the customer requirements are being met.
- During the implementation and launch, work with other internal departments to ensure all elements of the launch come together to support quick adoption by new and existing customers.
- Lead internal Farelogix functional design sessions with product and technical teams.
- Create, review and update functional requirements docs and high level workflow technical design documentation for implementation of systems and applications projects.
- Support internal QA, development and functional support teams by assisting with functional questions.
- Expected to become the subject matter expert (SME) over time and as new projects are completed.
- Create Use Case documentation based on business requirements.
- Support the Sales team during the sales process or proof of concept phases.
- Work with Management to establish product priorities /Participate in high level design of products
- Support implementation and launch to the market / Manage pilot/beta tests
- Review / Validate functional specifications and conduct overview testing as necessary
- Manage customer expectations with respect to product functionality
- Conduct internal training and/or Quality Assurance
- Participation in industry meetings as needed
- Contribute to RFP’s as requested
- Strong overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Good understanding of test environments and functions related to customer software development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great time management and presentation skills
- Works well in team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- 7+ years’ exp in the travel industry (preferably with anairline reservation systems or GDS)
- Prior knowledge and experience with XML-based system interfaces, schema design, and XML based tools are preferred
- Experience in a technical role or software developer