The Publisher Desk is currently seeking a WordPress Developer to join their team. This is a remote working position.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated and resourceful PHP / WordPress developer with a blend of back-end and front-end skills to serve as lead developer. In this highly collaborative role, you will work with front end developers, designers and content developers to build efficient, beautiful and responsive media/news focused websites.
- Code new WordPress themes, page templates, and plugins from scratch and modify existing themes and plugins
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules including dynamic content and personalization features
- Integrate wide range of WordPress plugins, API calls and third party apps and forms, such as Eloqua
- Manage back-end services and interchange of data between server and user, including server-side logic and database integration
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from front-end
- Provide front-end development of digital marketing communications, including full websites and micro-sites, landing pages, emails, and other initiatives
- Develop, test and troubleshoot across multiple browsers, platforms and devices, including tablets and smartphones, to support a consistent and positive customer experience
- Provide guidance on SEO best practices for site development
- Research and recommend new technologies and tools for effective integration across various platforms
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a web developer
- Strong working knowledge of the WordPress Gutenberg editor, especially the creation and maintenance of custom blocks for unique site needs.
- Experience creating and integrating custom WordPress plugins, themes, working with WordPress hooks and filters
- Experience creating websites for a mobile-first strategy
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks
- Strong knowledge of common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Experience with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Experience with online usability, accessibility, and web analytics
- Experience with development languages (Java or Python)
- Experience integrating or working with ad serving technologies (prebid, DFPP)
- Experience with software versioning and revision control systems (Git required, Subversion a plus)