MobiledgeX is creating a marketplace of edge cloud locations, capacity and services that will connect developers with the world's largest mobile networks to power the next generation of applications and devices. In order to do this, we are bringing together a community that includes application developers, device makers, mobile network operators, equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and more.
MobiledgeX already has a live edge cloud today in several global regions, and we are committed to worldwide coverage of these highly distributed edge resources and services to enable the present and rapidly evolving future demands of consumer and enterprise XR (AR/VR/MR) experiences, autonomous everything and next-generation content delivery use cases as well as other compute intensive, latency sensitive and pervasive & immersive applications.
MobiledgeX is uniquely positioned to be a catalyst in the rapid engagement and revenue opportunity realization for all members of the edge value chain. We are anticipating unprecedented growth in the coming 12 months, so there is no better time to join the team at MobiledgeX. We support our team in working where they do their best work. Most are still working from home but we also have office space available if working from home doesn't suit you.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for multi-discipline software engineers with 5-10 years of experience with a strong background in data structure, algorithms & distributed systems. Programmers with an understanding of multi-threaded processes running inside containers is a must. Our programming language of choice is 'Go' but people with C, C++ or Java background would fit in.
What you will do:
We are looking for Software Engineers to focus on any combination of the following:
- Cloud deployment background to package our Controller Services & deploy them by country
- Developing a simulator to stress test our system & applications in the cloud.
- Ceilometer based monitoring and events
- Developing a management cli to control/deploy stuff
- Developing the User account and billing frameworks
- Developing on the Operator side of the Cloudlet where we can deploy application containers and VMs
- Developing on the Operator side of the matching engine to access the operator provided API
- Azure expert for deploying Cloudlet with Azure stack
- Regression testing Lead to setup Jenkins and CICD
- Kubernetes networking to support H/W based overlays
- Framework to create Security policies for applications
- DNS expert to map apps in the cloudlet public IP to a domain name on the fly
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Expert in Virtualization and Containerization technologies
- At least 3 years of experience
MobiledgeX is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation. MobiledgeX is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. MobiledgeX prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other protected status.