This position can be remote
MobiledgeX is creating a marketplace of edge cloud locations, capacity, and services that will connect developers with the world's largest mobile networks to power the next generation of applications and devices. To do this, we are bringing together a community that includes application developers, device makers, mobile network operators, equipment manufacturers, system integrators and more.
MobiledgeX has several live edge cloud compute instances in many global regions. We are committed to worldwide coverage of these highly distributed edge resources and services. We enable the present and rapidly evolving future demands of consumer and enterprise XR (AR/VR/MR) experiences, autonomous everything, and next generation content delivery use cases as well as other compute-intensive, latency-sensitive, and pervasive and immerse applications to provide superior service to our customers.
We are experiencing unprecedented growth and opportunities, so there is no better time to join the team at MobiledgeX.
If you enjoy writing, curious about edge computing, and want to hone your 'technical' and 'writing' skills, we've got a position for you. As a valued member of the MobiledgeX Technical Publications team, you will be responsible for writing and editing technical documentation for our MobiledgeX edge platform. Under the guidance of the Technical Publications Manager, you will help update existing documentation, consult interviews with SMEs, and attend TOIs to understand features. Since this is a remote position, you must be comfortable working autonomously, can pick things up quickly (we move fast here), and deliver on schedule.
- Update a suite of developer and operator documentation and effectually contribute to other content types, including release notes and tutorials.
- Coordinate reviews and discussions amoung stakeholders to resolve content discrepancies and secure approval of final documents.
- BA/BS in technical writing, software engineering, or related technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience primarily focused on creating and maintaining developer documentation, including but not limited to APIs, SDKs, and tutorials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for translating complex concepts into digestible documentation.
- Ability to write and convert documentation from/to Markdown formats and tools.
- Familiar with team collaboration and tracking tools, such as Google G Suite, Confluence, JIRA.
- Software development or engineering experience a plus but not required.
- Git, GitHub (a plus but not required)
- Eager to learn and explore new technologies
Please provide a writing portfolio upon request.