MobiledgeX is creating a marketplace of edge cloud locations, capacity and services that will connect developers with the world's largest mobile networks to power the next generation of applications and devices. In order to do this, we are bringing together a community that includes application developers, device makers, mobile network operators, equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and more.
MobiledgeX already has a live edge cloud today in several global regions, and we are committed to worldwide coverage of these highly distributed edge resources and services to enable the present and rapidly evolving future demands of consumer and enterprise XR (AR/VR/MR) experiences, autonomous everything and next-generation content delivery use cases as well as other compute intensive, latency sensitive and pervasive & immersive applications.
MobiledgeX is uniquely positioned to be a catalyst in the rapid engagement and revenue opportunity realization for all members of the edge value chain. We are anticipating unprecedented growth in the coming 12 months, so there is no better time to join the team at MobiledgeX.
Who we are looking for:
Edge computing is emerging as the new massively distributed frontier that blends the physical and virtual works, enabling our mobile developer community to solve problems in new ways and deliver new experiences not available before. We are changing the way service providers make their edge cloud infrastructure accessible to mobile developers who are building the next-generation of distributed applications. You will get to work with an experienced team of brilliant people in a dynamic environment to grow a new business that is revolutionizing the edge cloud computing world. As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you would be part of MobiledgeX Engineering QA Team responsible for testing MobiledgeX Software Product.
What you will do:
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to focus on the following:
- Use Ixia and other network tools to test the network performance of our cloud infrastructure
- Verify the network performance in VM, Docker, and Kubernetes environment
- Write automation tests using Python and Robot Framework
- Integrate all testcases into Jenkins CICD environment
- Perform all automation testcases in OpenStack, Azure, and GCP cloud environments
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field plus 5 years of experience
- A deep understanding of any one of the scripting languages such as python, TCL or Perl and strong automation testing capabilities
- Problem solving capabilities in the realm of Layer 2 to Layer 7
- Expertise in networking and network performance
- Expertise in Ixia and other network testing tools
- You have a background in one or more of the following areas in Virtualization and Cloud technologies such as Openstack, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Good understanding of system requirements in Network Assurance product and design appropriate test cases
- Drive regression tests that provide appropriate coverage and robustness for CI/CD
MobiledgeX is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation. MobiledgeX is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. MobiledgeX prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other protected status.