MobiledgeX is creating a marketplace of edge cloud locations, capacity and services that will connect developers with the world's largest mobile networks to power the next generation of applications and devices. In order to do this, we are bringing together a community that includes application developers, device makers, mobile network operators, equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and more.
MobiledgeX already has a live edge cloud today in several global regions, and we are committed to worldwide coverage of these highly distributed edge resources and services to enable the present and rapidly evolving future demands of consumer and enterprise XR (AR/VR/MR) experiences, autonomous everything and next-generation content delivery use cases as well as other compute intensive, latency sensitive and pervasive & immersive applications.
MobiledgeX is uniquely positioned to be a catalyst in the rapid engagement and revenue opportunity realization for all members of the edge value chain. We are anticipating unprecedented growth in the coming 12 months, so there is no better time to join the team at MobiledgeX.in the coming 12 months and so there is no better time to join the team!
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Developer Advocate who is passionate about learning, experimenting and enabling developers to create the next generation of immersive applications. This is an incredible opportunity to connect and catalyze developers who are creating experimental applications at the intersection of several emerging fields: AR/VR/MR, AI and 5G networks. You’ll need to be based in a major metropolitan area on the US West Coast - preferably Silicon Valley - and able to travel 25-50% of the time throughout Canada and the US.
What you’ll be doing:
- Evangelizing the MobiledgeX edge computing platform to mobile, gaming and AR/VR/MR developers at meetups, workshops, conferences, hackathons
- Planning and producing MobiledgeX-sponsored developer events
- Online developer engagement and support through Slack and other mediums
- Authoring technical blogs, demo videos and related product training material
- Writing sample code, plugins and basic applications - both natively on the MobiledgeX platform, and within alpha & beta programs lead by our customer, partners & suppliers
- Presenting at developer and industry conferences
- Channeling developer feedback to the product and engineering teams
- Supporting marketing and sales efforts as needed
What we need to see:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, effective teamwork, and passion for continuous learning
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills
- Active participation in, and contributions to, open source communities & projects
- Hands-on software experience with one or more of the following languages:
- C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Go
- Hands-on experience with mobile, gaming and AR/VR/MR platforms
- Android, iOS, Unity, Unreal Engine, ARKit, ARCore, OpenXR, WebXR
- Experience with application performance tuning through frameworks such as CUDA
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence platforms
- TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV
MobiledgeX is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation. MobiledgeX is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. MobiledgeX prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves (requesting or approved for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act or the California Family Rights Act), domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.