MobiledgeX is creating a marketplace of edge cloud locations, capacity and services that will connect developers with the world's largest mobile networks to power the next generation of applications and devices. In order to do this, we are bringing together a community that includes application developers, device makers, mobile network operators, equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and more.
MobiledgeX already has a live edge cloud today in several global regions, and we are committed to worldwide coverage of these highly distributed edge resources and services to enable the present and rapidly evolving future demands of consumer and enterprise XR (AR/VR/MR) experiences, autonomous everything and next-generation content delivery use cases as well as other compute intensive, latency sensitive and pervasive & immersive applications.
MobiledgeX is uniquely positioned to be a catalyst in the rapid engagement and revenue opportunity realization for all members of the edge value chain. We are anticipating unprecedented growth in the coming 12 months, so there is no better time to join the team at MobiledgeX.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our company. As a valued member of the MobiledgeX Technical Publications team, you will be responsible for developing and writing API documentation for our MobiledgeX edge platform. Through conducting interviews with subject
matter experts and collaborating closely with engineers and product managers, you will gather information to assist developers with using our SDKs and APIs successfully. Being part of the Technical Publications team means that you play a major role in ensuring we bring immediate
value of our APIs to developers and customers through the quality and reliability of our documentation.
What you will do:
- Create a suite of API documentation, supplemented with code samples, and effectually contribute to other content types, including release notes, tutorials, white papers, articles, and blogs.
- Coordinate reviews, and discuss among stakeholders to resolve content discrepancies, and secure approval of final documents.
- Foster a documentation-minded culture among internal teams and provide technical edits and direction to content contributors.
- Review UI and provide feedback.
- Work closely with the marketing team to help refine and improve the Developer Portal.
- Review code and edit API descriptions and resources.
What you need:
- BA/BS in technical writing, software engineering, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience primarily focused on the creation and maintenance of developer documentation, including but not limited to, APIs, SDKs, tutorials, and code samples.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Passion for translating complex concepts into digestible documentation.
- Ability to write and convert documentation from/to Markdown formats and tools.
- Familiar with API tools such as Open API, Swagger, Postman, cURL.
- Proficient in team collaboration and tracking tools, such as Google G Suite, Confluence, JIRA, Git, GitHub.
- Software development or engineering experience a plus.
- Practical experience in at least one primary programming language, such as C#.
- Experience organizing and maintaining developer documentation portal environments.
- Video tutorial creation using Camtasia or similar video editing software
Please provide a writing portfolio upon request. Your portfolio should demonstrate familiarity with one to two main programming languages or other technical foundations, as well as samples of writing documents for a developer audience.
MobiledgeX is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation. MobiledgeX is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. MobiledgeX prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other protected status.