MobiledgeX is creating a marketplace of edge cloud locations, capacity and services that will connect developers with the world's largest mobile networks to power the next generation of applications and devices. In order to do this, we are bringing together a community that includes application developers, device makers, mobile network operators, equipment manufacturers, systems integrators, and more.
MobiledgeX already has a live edge cloud today in several global regions, and we are committed to worldwide coverage of these highly distributed edge resources and services to enable the present and rapidly evolving future demands of consumer and enterprise XR (AR/VR/MR) experiences, autonomous everything and next-generation content delivery use cases as well as other compute intensive, latency sensitive and pervasive & immersive applications.
MobiledgeX is uniquely positioned to be a catalyst in the rapid engagement and revenue opportunity realization for all members of the edge value chain. We are anticipating unprecedented growth in the coming 12 months, so there is no better time to join the team at MobiledgeX.
Who we are looking for:
Edge computing is emerging as the new massively distributed frontier that blends the physical and virtual works, enabling our mobile developer community to solve problems in new ways and deliver new experiences not available before. We are changing the way service providers make their edge cloud infrastructure accessible to mobile developers who are building the next-generation of distributed applications. You will get to work with an experienced team of brilliant people in a dynamic environment to grow a new business that is revolutionizing the edge cloud computing world. As a Sr. System Solution Engineer at MobiledgeX, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our employees. You will also work with Tier 1 Service Providers, defining the future of mobile edge computing. The individual will help develop and run performance tests, manage betas for new products, consult with customers on complex deployments, develop and deliver technical training for Systems Engineers and document technical concepts to educate our employees and customer base.
What you will do:
- Work with customers on complex deployments to help ensure successful product deployment.
- Be the subject matter expert on MobiledgeX products with product related questions.
- Manage product beta programs and work with customers, product managers, and engineers to complete testing, gather detailed feedback, and replicate issues.
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible.
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments to transactions.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences and other engagements as required.
What you need:
- BS in Computer Science or related field & 5-7 years or MS & 3 to 5 years experience onboarding suppliers and interfacing with members of technical teams in datacenter technologies including virtualization, storage, networking and/or public clouds.
- Requires hands-on experience with designing a microservice based architecture, container deployments and management tools like kubernetes, docker, etc.
- Experience with one of the cloud orchestration software such as OpenStack, Opennebula, and Azure stack is preferred
- Experience with software development is a major plus.
- Deep expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions and ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technology and solution in the Cloud Technology space.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by clarity and brevity.
- Willing to travel up to 25% time.
MobiledgeX is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation. MobiledgeX is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. MobiledgeX prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other protected status.