Palisades Group is an alternative asset manager in the global residential credit markets having managed more than $23 billion of loans, real estate, and fixed income securities since its 2012 inception. It employs a top-down asset allocation approach across residential whole loans, real estate, opportunistic credit, and fixed income markets in the United States, Europe, and Latin America. The Firm provides clients with a control-oriented management style anchored in asset level risk management, loss mitigation, and value-add strategies.
Palisades Group is seeking a Senior Data Reporting Analyst to join its growing and dynamic Data & Analytics team in Austin, Texas.
As part of the Data & Analytics team, your responsibilities will include managing and enhancing the in-house mortgage loan database, creating performance and investor reports and dashboards, implementing data management protocols and systems, and writing queries to generate ad-hoc reports for research as needed. Analysts must be proficient at manipulating and analyzing large sets of data and have a good knowledge of fixed income mathematics and statistics.
This is a small team, and any candidate must be a team-player, able and willing to work on cross-over projects, able to pick up complex concepts and communicate effectively to both internal and external constituents. The position will allow the candidate to collaboratively work across the Company’s cross-functional teams (Data Research & Reporting, Trading & Analytics, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Transaction Management, and Collateral Management) and to learn from the firm’s industry leading professionals. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a self-starter, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to work under time sensitive deadlines.
- Learning and maintaining proprietary mortgage database in Microsoft SQL.
- Working with application development personnel to enhance and streamline quantitative tools.
- Support Trading & Analytics personnel to ensure essential data is captured, analyzed, and curated for broader consumption.
- Running analyses using in house software tools and models.
- Creating and managing data pipelines, data dashboards, and reports for our investors and advisory clients.
- Delivering high quality, accurate technical reports based on thorough analysis of data pipelines and portfolios.
- Effectively manage relationships clients and data counterparts.
- Support development of analysis methods and tools to improve productivity.
- Any ad hoc analysis that may be requested.
- Education: Bachelor's degree from a top undergraduate program.
- Experience: 4-6 years of experience with data analytics.
- Strong knowledge of Excel/VBA; working knowledge of SQL, and proven track record of learning new programming techniques to analyze and manage data.
- Experience using BI tools and building dynamic reporting dashboard (Tableau, superset, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with advanced problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized or specialty situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan matching
- Charitable giving employee matching program
- Continuing education and professional certification expense reimbursement
- Wellness stipend (monthly)
- 13 paid holidays
- Remote work option (Fridays)
- Summer hours on Friday
- Friday team lunches
Palisades is committed to maintaining a positive and collaborative work environment that is safe and respectful of others; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.