Palisades Group is an alternative asset manager in the global residential credit markets having managed more than $23 billion of loans, real estate, and fixed income securities since its 2012 inception. It employs a top-down asset allocation approach across residential whole loans, real estate, opportunistic credit, and fixed income markets in the United States, Europe, and Latin America. The Firm provides clients with a control-oriented management style anchored in asset level risk management, loss mitigation, and value-add strategies.
Palisades is looking for a Legal/Compliance Intern to join its growing and dynamic team. The Legal/Compliance Intern’s primary job responsibility will be to support the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, and to research and develop legal strategies to support Palisades’ strategic initiatives. This is a small team, and the potential candidate must be a team-player, able and willing to work on cross-over projects, able to pick up complex concepts and communicate effectively to both internal and external constituents. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a self-starter, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to work under time sensitive deadlines.
As a Legal/Compliance Intern, you will work closely with Palisades’ General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer on a variety of matters, including the following:
- Reviewing and drafting agreements with the firm’s various transaction counterparties.
- Reviewing and drafting non-disclosure agreements.
- Reviewing the firm’s service provider agreements.
- Updating and monitoring the firm’s marketing materials and regulatory filings.
- Assisting in the review, analysis and completion of legal and tax forms and certificates.
- Creating and maintaining subject matter files on relevant topics and legal issues.
- Assisting with various research projects.
- Supporting Palisades’ compliance program, including the implementation, review and monitoring of various activities covered by the firm’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the periodic testing of the firm’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Updating the firm’s compliance policies and procedures on a periodic basis.
- Supporting the firm’s adoption and use of a third-party compliance technology platform.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new employees.
- Supporting additional compliance initiatives that may arise.
- Education: Currently enrolled as a first-year JD candidate at an accredited law school.
- Able to commit to the role through at least May 2024 (full-time during Summer 2023, at least 12 hours/week during the school year).
- Interest in business/transactional law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and interest in being part of an entrepreneurial environment.
- Remote work option (Fridays)
- Summer hours on Friday
- Friday team lunches
Palisades is committed to maintaining a positive and collaborative work environment that is safe and respectful of others; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence, or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.