Palisades Group is an alternative asset manager in the global residential credit markets having managed more than $23 billion of loans, real estate, and fixed income securities since its 2012 inception. It employs a top-down asset allocation approach across residential whole loans, real estate, opportunistic credit, and fixed income markets in the United States, Europe, and Latin America. The Firm provides clients with a control-oriented management style anchored in asset level risk management, loss mitigation, and value-add strategies.
As of March 31, 2023, Palisades manages mortgage, real estate and fixed income assets that amount to over $9.4 billion in notional balance through a combination of discretionary funds and separate accounts for globally recognized asset managers, private equity firms, family offices, banks, foundations, endowments, broker dealers, and insurance companies.
Palisades offers individuals an exciting and challenging career in a collegial and collaborative environment. We seek to recruit and retain talented individuals that have demonstrated integrity, intellectual curiosity and willing to speak up, constantly seeking to improve processes, genuinely excited to tackle complex challenges, technically proficient, transparent and collaborative, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, detail-oriented with a focus on both form and substance, and committed to doing what they say they are going to do.
Palisades is seeking an Accounting Intern to join its growing and dynamic team. As part of the Finance and Accounting Team, the Intern will be responsible for assisting with the accounting and finance functions for the Company, its funds, and certain client accounts.
The Accounting Intern will work alongside a team of CPAs and Finance executives with combined industry and Big 4 accounting experience of over 25 years with a high amount of visibility to the CIO, CFO, and all partners of the Company. The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, a growth mindset, and the ability to work well in teams on multiple ongoing projects. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a self-starter, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Assist in month-end closing and financial reporting processes.
- Collaborate with Accounting Analysts to prepare and review journal entries and reconciliations.
- Assist with maintaining and updating accounting records and files.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of regulatory reports.
- Assist with analyzing expenses and accruals.
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines.
- Assist with responding to information requests and reviewing financial statements.
- Work in unison with Finance & Accounting team to improve financial processes.
- Interface with fund administrator in accounting for fund-related activity.
- Understand and ensure processes comply with internal controls and business processes, and recommend improvements as needed.
- Assist with managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other day-to-day tasks.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Ad-hoc accounting research and application.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS:
- Education: Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or other related fields. Candidates working towards degrees in other fields with a strong academic may also be considered.
- Technical Experience: Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and Microsoft Excel skills with an understanding of key functions and pivot tables. In addition, basic SQL skills are a plus.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- The successful candidate must have excellent organizational skills and be able to meet the demands and deadlines that are a part of this position. Attention to detail is a must.
- An energetic person that thrives on responsibility and decision-making will be sought.
- Wellness stipend (monthly)
- Remote work option (Fridays)
- Summer hours on Friday
- Friday team lunches
Palisades is committed to maintaining a positive and collaborative work environment that is safe and respectful of others; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence, or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.