We are seeking an individual with strong accounting skills with a financial mindset. The Financial Operations Analyst will engage with customers and business leaders to understand and guide the business and support the decision making. This role will build upon your accounting and operations background to assure that issues are handled correctly. Initially, this role will take responsibility for our current billing process where you will build efficiencies into the process. In addition, the Financial Operations Analyst will monitor, analyze and report on progress towards operational targets and will work with business partners to identify issues and provide recommendations for corrective action when necessary. This position will also lead special projects, typically involving the Financial IT usage, analysis and research of business issues, to provide management with valuable insights that support our growth and profitability.
As an individual contributor, this role exercises considerable judgment to make decisions in financial operations activities and provide recommendations to support financial goals and strategies for Automox.
THE FUN STUFF
- Own and manage the billing process and billing issues
- Work closely with the Finance, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success team on various related issues.
- Assist and lead internal cross-functional operational efficiency activities as needed
- Resolve customer inquiries in an accurate, timely manner
- Communicate process improvements by routinely and frequently updating our handbook and training the appropriate teams
- Support the accounting team as appropriate
- Build and provide reports to upper management as needed
- Assist in financial systems recommendations, upgrades, implementations, testing and maintenance.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- 4+ Years of accounting experience
- Project Management experience and the ability to analyze and improve operational processes
- Experience in fast-growing company
- Experience with Stripe, Quickbooks, Excel (Advanced skills)
- Deep understanding of subscription (SaaS) billing
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, self starter in picking up new and complex systems
- Ability to be productive without oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Robust written and communication skill set
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets,etc)
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Growth Mindset: We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- Customer Mindset: You demonstrate customer fluency by advocating their needs, understanding their friction and have the urgency to solve their problems.
- Extraordinary Communicator: Communication is the key to success. Regardless of your level or position, you treat people and their opinions with respect. You are able to be concise, articiulate and honest in the delivery of your message.
- Humbly Courageous: Learn through a willingness to fail, correct and move on.
- Innately Curious: Status quo is not for you. You are inquisitive and remain open to new ideas and points of view. You seek to understand the ‘why’ and understand the how to our business.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Ability to make tough decisions by identifying the root cause and applying second-order thinking.
- Highly Impactful: Results speak louder than words and you have the drive and resilience to rapidly shifting priorities to meet business objectives.
- At the top of the list is simply that you will have a will have a voice and an impact on the success of Automox and on the security of customers like NASA, Xerox, DollarShaveClub, TripAdvisor, GE Healthcare and more.
- A strong proven leadership team backed by founders of Tenable, Carbon Black, RSA, AlienVault, Internet Security Systems, ThreatGrid, Phantom Cyber along with world-class venture capital.
- Great downtown Boulder location - (Walk to lunch!)
- Downtown Parking
- Free Eco Bus Pass - (Office is right across the street from the Boulder bus station)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Insurance Benefits
- Participation in Automox Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Open vacation policy - (take what you need to stay energized)
- Standup desks, quiet spaces, and snacks and yes… coffee.
- Rooftop deck and amazing views (we celebrate victories both big and small)
- Monthly team-building rituals (hikes, ice cream breaks, lunch and learns, cross-team opportunities)
Come join the adventure!