Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
This position is responsible for all daily material handling for production, and warehouse activities while strictly adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Environmental Health & Safety guidelines, and other regulations that apply. The incumbent is responsible for following daily job assignment for the day-to-day material handling activities such as preparing cleaning solutions, general housekeeping, resupplying materials and supplies to appropriate manufacturing areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Moving milk in and out of freezer(s) for pooling team.
• Obtain supplies from warehouse and replenish the various work stations (i.e. production areas).
• Assist in getting milk to and from manufacturing production which could be bulk prep of raw milk, moving bulk milk container back into freezer, taking milk for whole milk run, filling, or labeling. This also includes segregating milk for R&D and taking milk ready for engineering study or validation.
• Taking trash out to designated area especially during the bulk manufacturing run after thaw and pool, and return empty crates back into freezer(s) location.
• Taking cardboard trash out to designated area from the milk receiving area.
• Moving Raw Milk from QA release area back onto the specific assigned location
• Moving in bottles and caps from warehouse to the material pass through during filling operation.
• Maintain 5S in their work areas
• Look for continuous improvements opportunities
• Other duties may apply such as:
o Work with production leads to identify specific MR(s) that are put on hold (MBD, SD, etc.) and physically move to Quality Holding area.
o The cleaning of pooling equipment and containers
• Follow approved procedures (SOPs),
• Good oral and writing communication skill
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices including Good Documentation Practices
• Timely report of non-conformance and follow escalation procedure
• Ability to operate and maintain in a safe working environment
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Drive a PIV (powered Industrial Vehicle) for example, fork truck, aerial lift, stand up lift.
• Read and write in English
• Basic organization skill and detailed oriented
• Previous warehouse or logistic experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Good team spirit, positive attitude. Shows a willingness to work effectively with others.
Accepts and follows directions from leads/management; respects authority; complies with request; does what they are asked to do.
Performs to required standard, owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development. Flexes as needed. Accepts constructive feedback and/or consequences without making excuses or blaming others first.
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
City of Industry
• Must be able to perform duties within clean-rooms, requiring to push, pull, and lift equipment while full gowned.
• Work in ≤ -25 degree Celsius for short periods of time to retrieve raw and finished material from the freezer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.