Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
This position is responsible for all daily shipping activities while strictly adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Environmental Health & Safety guidelines, and other regulations that apply. The incumbent is responsible for following daily job assignment for the day-to-day shipping activities such as preparing cleaning solutions, general housekeeping, shipping of finished goods, and receiving of coolers and dry ice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Proficient in Pack-Out and Shipping of Finished Goods (Domestic/International)
• WIP and Finished Goods Inventory Management (i.e.inventory logs)
• Organization of Finished Goods freezer (i.e. releasing lots)
• Re-Bagging and re-labeling of Finished Foods
• Interact with Fed Ex, UPS, and other computer systems in order to accomplish the day-to-day activities
• Communicate with other departments as needed (i.e. QA, Warehouse)
• Receiving and breaking down of returning coolers from hospitals
• Cleaning and Preparation of Coolers for Finished Goods Shipping
• Preparation of Dry Ice bags for Shipping
• Maintain 5S in their work area
• Look for continuous improvements opportunities
• Support problem-solving small group activities
• Other duties may apply
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Follow approved procedures (SOPs),
• Good oral and writing communication skills
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices including Good Documentation Practices
• Timely report of non-conformance and follow escalation procedure
• Ability to operate and maintain in a safe working environment
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Drive a PIV (Powered Industrial Vehicle) for example, fork truck, aerial lift, stand up lift
• Read and write in English
• Basic organization skill and detailed oriented
• Previous warehouse or logistic experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Good team spirit, positive attitude, and must have the ability to work effectively with others.
Accepts and follows directions from Leads/Management; respects authority; complies with request; does what they are asked to do.
Performs to required standard, owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development. Able to adjust/flex when needed. Accepts constructive feedback and/or consequences without making excuses or blaming others first.
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
City of Industry
• Must be able to perform duties within clean-rooms, requiring to push, pull, and lift equipment up to 40 pounds while full gowned.
• Work in ≤ -25 degree Celsius for short periods of time to retrieve raw and finished material from the freezer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.