Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
As a Refrigeration Maintenance Technician you are responsible for the day to day functions required for upkeep and reliability of equipment and facilities. Additionally, Refrigeration Maintenance Technicians will be responsible to provide, but not limited to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Schedules and performs preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis, to include Bulk processing tanks, filling, packaging, CIP systems, facilities, critical systems/utilities and electrical control systems (including; electrical distribution, variable frequency drives, electric motors, instrumentation and electrical control systems)
• Responsible for repairing and or replacement of the mechanical, electrical and controls components of Bulk processing tanks, filling, packaging, facilities, critical systems / utilities and electrical control systems as assigned.
• Individual will be responsible for a multi-craft duties within the business unit.
• Ability to verify mechanical and electrical drawings for accuracy and redline as required.
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair of critical equipment including; process equipment, critical systems, tanks pumps, aseptic filling and packaging equipment.
• Requires familiarity with generally accepted building and electrical codes to include NEC and UMC in compliance with Federal, County and City regulations.
• Support engineering projects including but not limited to: equipment installation, commissioning, and validation process.
• Follow and comply with EPA, OSHA regulations and with SOPs and cGMP policies.
• Attend required training and meetings.
• Perform lock out tag out of equipment during maintenance
• Responsible for tracking Equipment and Facility Preventative Maintenance Tasks
• Identify areas requiring repair, or potential risks to product or employee safety
• Perform maintenance and repair activities in a safe manner and follows all plant safety procedures.
• Maintain documentation related to maintenance activities
• Work with contractors and/or external vendors for larger scope projects and activities
• Contact and facilitate on-site support from Vendors / Contractors for calibration, maintenance, and equipment purchase
• May performed other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma minimum
• Associate degree in a technical discipline or currently pursuing technical or scientific degree highly desirable. Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years maintenance experience in a health care product manufacturing environment or equivalent.
• Refrigeration - Universal EPA Certification, minimum of 5 years’ experience in refrigeration service.
• Knowledge of PLC based process control systems, instrumentation and mechanical equipment, such as controllers, indicators, control valves, PLC, analyzers, sensors, pumps, etc.
• Knowledge of production equipment including but not limited to: process tanks, critical systems, filling equipment, packaging equipment and CIP systems is preferable
• Ability to read, write and interpret technical documents and instructions, electrical and mechanical drawings, equipment blue prints and piping and instrumentation drawings.
• Must have customer service and leadership attitude to take ownership of any maintenance related problem.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• A self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and use good judgment. Must be able to handle multiple priorities. Must be proactive, results orientated, and have a strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of cGMP and health care product manufacturing experience preferred
• Strong knowledge in refrigeration systems, glycol, chillers, freezers and HVAC
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
0 to 25% travel mainly for training and equipment acceptance trips
Prolacta – City of Industry and or Duarte
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.