Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
The Helpdesk/Desktop Support Technician Level 1 plays an important role within IT and throughout Prolacta Bioscience. This role provides level one support to our personnel, resolving client issues in a professional and timely manner, establishing and following standard procedures, and tracking help desk tickets to closure. In addition, the role is responsible for managing the change and release calendar, onboarding and off-boarding personnel and testing new technologies. The hours of this role are 6:00am-3:00pm M-F with the flexibility to work off hours for periodic system projects and maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Responds to and diagnoses routine problems through discussions with end-users
• Provides help-desk support for internal users as well as national sales team; applying diagnostic techniques to identify common problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions
• Participates in the installation, configuration, and upgrade of computer hardware and software
• Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support
• Documents policies and procedures and provides end user training
• Maintains the IT Operations Manual
• Assists with network troubleshooting and support
• Assists in the administration of e-mail systems
• Effectively communicates and escalates difficult problems to the Level 2 Technician and/or IT Manager
• Tracks and logs help desk incident reports
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
• Interfaces and communicates clearly with department peers, internal employees, and external partners to escalate problems as needed and resolve issues
• Ensures that all problems are logged, resolved/assigned for resolution, prioritized and tracked, and communicated appropriately
• Updates the change and release management calendar, and identifies potential conflicts between infrastructure and software changes
• Provides weekly updates on action items to team members and IT management
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Experience with helpdesk / problem tracking software preferred
• Knowledge of Windows OS, Mac OS, PC applications, PC hardware, mobile devices and network devices
• Experience with Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX, installation, support, and troubleshooting
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010/2013/2016
• Experience with VOIP phone system
• Demonstrated experience providing support with remote tools
• Some Active Directory experience preferred.
• 1-3 years of related helpdesk support experience strongly preferred
• Microsoft Certification preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, detail oriented
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
• Ability to travel 10% if required
• City of Industry, CA as well as Duarte, CA
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.