Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting aspects of developing and implementing FDA compliant IT systems, focused in the Lab Systems. This includes working with business users and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to understand the end-to-end processes and document all aspects of Requirement, Design and Testing & Training phase in the SDLC. In order to excel at this position, you will need to have a strong understanding of processes, interpret them into functional requirements and formulate detailed test cases for each requirement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess, analyze and recommend system requirements by interviewing key stakeholders, designing and conducting requirement workshops
• Create use cases and perform task workflow analysis
• Recommend relevant user requests by critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details
• Create and execute documentation deliverables such as User and Functional Requirements, Test Plan, Test Scripts, Summary Reports, Training Manuals that is appropriate for the key stakeholders
• Design materials such as mock-ups, process flowcharts to demonstrate proposed software functions/features
• Propose and formulate test scenarios, test cases and participate in Testing activities
• Participate in all aspects of business systems solution implementations
• Lead communication between the business teams, technology and other support teams.
• Lead all aspects of projects such as software version upgrade, minor release etc. independently
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Consulting Industry experience, demonstrated through 3+ years of BA experience
• Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation (3+ years)
• Proven experience in implementing Lab systems (3 – 5 years) – Labware (LIMS) experience preferred
• Experience in the implementation and support of enterprise systems within midsize companies performing a Business Analysis role, preferably in Manufacturing industries.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and make them easily understandable using text and visual aids
• Strong quantitative, analytical, research and problem solving skills.
• Prior experience working in an Agile framework is preferred
• Very strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio
• Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
• Understands validation concepts in order to produce documentation for validated systems
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and with a sense of urgency, within the established framework
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or equivalent preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
Primary – Highland
COI – As required
Travel – 5%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.