Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
The Customer Service Manager will oversee, manage and direct the activities of the Customer Care Department, including the direct supervision of the account managers. The ideal candidate will have a combination of customer service managerial experience and experience in developing and implementing processes and procedures to drive departmental standards and efficiencies. This position will establish customer service key performance indicators and metrics and ensure that these metrics are met. This position will have responsibilities for evaluating customer service capacity and for training, coaching and mentoring. This position is also responsible for high-level trouble shooting, helping solve customer issues and working closely with operations and accounting management to improve processes. The Customer Service Manager will work very closely with sales management and the field sales team to provide optimal account management, and provide reporting and sales analytics to ensure sales growth. This position will also assist marketing by providing customer insights that will help with product forecasting and product enhancements. In order to analyze the functionality of the Customer Care Service Department, this position will also be required to share in the day-to-day customer service responsibilities for a portion of time during the workweek, (e.g. in-bound and out-bound customer calls, order entry and tracking, account set up and maintenance).
This position offers significant opportunity to drive key business initiatives to support the company’s rapid growth. Most importantly, it has a direct impact on ensuring that Prolacta provides the highest quality of care to its customers and patients. This position will be based at the company headquarters and report to the Director of Marketing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Isolate and identify areas of improvement and develop and implement process improvements to increase productivity and efficiency of the department
• Establish key performance indicators and metrics and utilize metrics to drive results
• Provide coaching and training for customer care team and back-up team
• Develop and update performance standards and procedure manuals
• Provide customer insights regarding customer behavior and purchasing trends
• Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the problem, determining the root cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment, involving other functions as required and by following up to ensure resolution
• Provide support for field personnel, Clinical Sales Specialists, Economic Reimbursement Directors and Regional Business Directors
• Contribute to order entry and inside sales activities
• Manage the Senior Account Mangers and make recommendations regarding hiring, advancement, promotion and other employment-related decisions pertaining to the Customer Care department team
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• College degree required; MBA preferred but not required
• 5-7 years customer service experience
• 3-5 years direct managerial/supervisory experience in a customer service setting required
• Experience working with products that are prescribed and sold into hospitals preferred but not required
• Experience working with freight companies (e.g. Fed Ex) a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, including written and oral
• Proven problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong understanding of metrics and proven ability to utilize metrics to drive success
• Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to work well across functions and with all levels in the organization
• Experience managing a team
• Strong in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with SYSPRO and SalesForce systems preferred but not required
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
Sr. Account Manager
Account Manager/Salesforce Administrator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.