Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
Due to dynamic growth we seek a highly motivated professional to drive payer policy and IDN strategy for product coverage in coordination with field sales. The position reports to the Senior Director of Government Affairs and is home-office based. The incumbent will assist in the development and present value based evidence and messages to targeted strategic accounts via clinical effectiveness studies, budget impact models, Burdon of Illness (BOI) studies and other outcomes based tools to support the value proposition of the company’s portfolio related to the Commercial Model. If you have the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to look at this opportunity.
• Provide leadership in the development and execution of account business plans
• Facilitate the overall business goals and objectives in conjunction with counterpart, especially as it relates to health economics and patient outcomes.
• Develop and implements account specific initiatives in support of strategies
• Routinely present and demonstrate BOI studies, budget impact models, cost effectiveness and cost offset data, EBM and quality of care approaches to clinical customers, insurers, group purchasing organizations, integrated health networks, regulators and sales teams
• Closely coordinate all field-based Health Economic activities with the field
• Support the development of HE studies and health economic models
• Provide training in use of value messages, and develop support materials for the business.
• Provide guidance and leadership in the development of the economic and reimbursement strategy for new products on a global basis in conjunction with counterpart.
• 5-7 years healthcare sales experience with documented history of success
• At least 2-3 years of National Account experience
• Experience in health economics, outcomes research, pricing, reimbursement, and/or portfolio analysis a plus
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Excellent business acumen
• Experience selling to C-Suite and Managed Care Organizations
• Knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, Medicare, and Medicaid
• Experience in preparing or reviewing materials for drug formularies preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree Required. Nursing, Master’s Degree, or PHD a plus.
• 50% Travel
• Field Based
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.