Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
The Senior DBA position will be responsible for maintaining the company’s database systems (currently MS SQL Server) including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead Enterprise software and systems strategy for Prolacta Bioscience
• Create and manage multiple databases.
• Work with the Strategic IT organization to design and develop capacity planning of the database infrastructure.
• Monitor, maintain database systems and resolve problems that may arise.
• Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
• Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
• Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
• Create and manage constraints and indexes.
• Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and periodically testing a backup and recovery plan for the databases.
• Support SQL high-availability using techniques like clustering, SQL Always On, etc…
• Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
• Automation of tasks, installations, updates, maintenance task configuration, etc…
• Database unit testing frameworks like TSQLT
• Familiar with Git
• Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
• Manage production, QA and development database environments.
• Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
• Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
• Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
• Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
• 8-15 years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases (SQL Server 2012 or equivalent).
• Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
• Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Experienced in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
• Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
• Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
• Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
• Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
• Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies
• Experience in FDA regulated and/or Biologic companies strongly desired
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Willingness to coach team members
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
• This position is primarily based in Duarte office.
• May need to travel to City of Industry office per project or task needs
• May need to be on-call or work during off hours per project or task needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.