Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells into the NICU.
Due to dynamic growth and international expansion, we are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Marketing team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the successful introduction and adoption of Prolacta’s Neonatal Nutritional Products in new and emerging global markets, by providing strategic leadership for global product management, new product commercialization accountability, and product mix ownership. This position will be based at the company headquarters in
Duarte, CA and report to the Director of Marketing with a dotted line to the Vice President of International. If you have the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to look into this opportunity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Development of global marketing strategic plan and execution of strategy via market assessments, market research, and development and delivery of effective product mix, sales tools, value analysis, pricing and problem resolution.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the International expansion sales and marketing strategy
• Collaborates with R&D and Operations for product development and geographic marketing toward the successful commercialization of the business area product portfolio.
• Includes ongoing collaboration with SME’s and other individuals and teams with specialty backgrounds to support development and commercialization requirements around the globe via direct, generalists, and distributor selling efforts.
• Oversees development of marketing plans for specific products, protocols, and/or product enhancements, ensuring proper positioning strategies. Leads pre-launch, launch, and post-launch activities. Ensures effective transition of promotional plans and programs to geographic marketing post launch.
• Provides input to product design and functionality, promotional materials, sales force collateral, and customer communication material to ensure consistency with customer needs.
• Evaluates product related communication, documentation programs, and support tools for effectiveness through objective market research, customer and sales force feedback.
• Leads activities to acquire, evaluate, store and disseminate information on competitive products and competitive information.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Minimum 10 years of experience, preferably in the area of sales and/or marketing
• Previous experience in global product marketing and global product launches
• Professional education and KOL development experience
• Strong analytical skills – can optimizes the use of data and information to uncover customer and market insight
• Can provide strong evidence-based analysis that builds brand equity and a differential advantage
• Customer focused - can develop and sustain positive relationships to obtain customer insight
• Strong communication skills - able to tailor messaging to specific situations and audiences, and levels of the organization
• Action oriented – able to proactively identify needs/issues and develop and employ effective solutions in a timely manner
• Strong collaborator – ability to work with other functions in the organization such as IT, Sales, Medical & Clinical Affairs, to accomplish business goals
• Knowledge of global markets and key customer groups within markets
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the primary functions of the job may be considered; Master’s degree preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Advanced sales and marketing techniques
• Demonstrated working knowledge with a step-gate product development process.
• Extensive knowledge of product positioning and competitive knowledge of markets worldwide.
• Extensive knowledge of sales and marketing strategic planning
• Intimate knowledge of global marketing strategies and market requirements and working knowledge of global sales strategies
• Ability to assess and integrate customer needs and market trends within the context of product systems and business capabilities. Ability to translate this assessment into effective marketing strategies.
• Requires a thorough understanding of marketplace dynamics as they relate to product, price, and promotion.
• Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
• 30% travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.