This position is responsible for all daily shipping activities while strictly adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Environmental Health & Safety guidelines, and other regulations that apply. The incumbent is responsible for following daily job assignment for the day-to-day shipping activities such as preparing cleaning solutions, general housekeeping, shipping of finished goods, and receiving of coolers and dry ice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Proficient in Pack-Out and Shipping of Finished Goods (Domestic/International)
· WIP and Finished Goods Inventory Management (i.e.inventory logs)
· Organization of Finished Goods freezer (i.e. releasing lots)
· Re-Bagging and re-labeling of Finished Foods
· Interact with Fed Ex, UPS, and other computer systems in order to accomplish the day-to-day activities
· Communicate with other departments as needed (i.e. QA, Warehouse)
· Receiving and breaking down of returning coolers from hospitals
· Cleaning and Preparation of Coolers for Finished Goods Shipping
· Preparation of Dry Ice bags for Shipping
· Maintain 5S in their work area
· Look for continuous improvements opportunities
· Support problem-solving small group activities
· Other duties may apply
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Follow approved procedures (SOPs),
- Good oral and writing communication skills
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices including Good Documentation Practices
- Timely report of non-conformance and follow escalation procedure
- Ability to operate and maintain in a safe working environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Drive a PIV (Powered Industrial Vehicle) for example, fork truck, aerial lift, stand up lift
- Read and write in English
- Basic organization skill and detailed oriented
- Previous warehouse or logistic experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
Good team spirit, positive attitude, and must have the ability to work effectively with others.
Accepts and follows directions from Leads/Management; respects authority; complies with request; does what they are asked to do.
Performs to required standard, owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development. Able to adjust/flex when needed. Accepts constructive feedback and/or consequences without making excuses or blaming others first.
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
City of Industry
- Must be able to perform duties within clean-rooms, requiring to push, pull, and lift equipment up to 40 pounds while full gowned.
- Work in ≤ -25 degree Celsius for short periods of time to retrieve raw and finished material from the freezer.