Facilitating moms who have excess breast milk through Prolacta’s donor qualification process, and then continuing to work with the moms by providing support and guidance throughout their donation period.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviewing and processing online donor applications to determine each applicant’s eligibility to become a breast milk donor.
· Assisting both donors and applicants via email or phone communication with any questions they may have regarding the donation or application process.
· Communicating via phone or fax with applicant’s healthcare provider(s) to ensure that working with an applicant is safe for the applicant, her child, and Prolacta product recipients, by means of completing Medical Confirmation forms.
· Facilitating the ordering of donor blood tests, ordering DNA sample collection kits, and managing the qualification of donor’s freezer temperature for milk storage suitability.
· Performing an overall review of each application step to assure that all criteria is met before qualifying an applicant to become a breastmilk donor.
· Ordering donation supplies according to standard operation procedures (SOPs).
· Responsible for maintaining qualified donor files to ensure criteria is continuously met throughout a donation cycle.
· Assist with milk quality investigations
· Redlining SOPs to incorporate suggested changes/improvements
· Phone skills for contacting donors and medical professionals
· Accountable for meeting departmental goals
· Ensure that Prolacta milk banks are operating in accordance with current SOPs.
· Continuously provide input that will lead to improvement of the operations and standardize the practice in SOPs.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· Ability to operate in a complex matrixed environment
· Great attention to detail and must work efficiently
· Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate well with donors and medical personnel
· Strong leadership and teamwork skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Must take initiative within role and have a sense of urgency
· Possess strong time management skills
· Strong PC skills, MS Outlook, Word, etc.
· Strong Critical thinking and decision-making skills
· Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible when working on multiple projects simultaneously
· Flexibility to work on Saturdays if deemed necessary
Average Years of Experience: 3 years of experience in healthcare, marketing, communications or another applicable field
Typical Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in appropriate discipline
· Lactation Educator Certification required
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work without supervision
· Effective relationship building skills
· Ability to produce and present clear, concise and professionally written communications and presentations
· Positive attitude and motivation
· Strong business ethics
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
· Less than 5 %
· Duarte Office
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time