This position is responsible for executing Prolacta’s manufacturing processes while strictly adhering to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), Environmental Health & Safety guidelines, and other regulations that apply. The incumbent is responsible for following daily job assignments to support production activities such as raw milk thawing, pooling, aseptic sampling, facility/equipment cleaning, and general housekeeping. The person will also be responsible to check-in each milk donation into the plant inventory tracking system and perform verification.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Proficient in all aspect of Raw Milk Receiving operation
· Retrieve and organize raw milk within freezer storage
· Raw Milk pooling and sampling
· Cleaning of pooling equipment and containers
· Interact with Raw Milk Application (RMA), and other computer systems
· Maintain 5S in their work area
· Look for continuous improvements opportunities
· Support problem-solving small group activities
· Other duties may apply including cross train in Material Handling
- Follow approved procedures, (SOPs), controlled forms to complete raw milk receiving and sampling operation
- Good oral and writing communication skill
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices including Good Documentation Practices
- General manufacturing process understanding, control of time, speed, temperature, etc.
- Timely report of non-conformance and follow escalation procedure
- Ability to operate and maintain in a safe working environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year Prolacta Operation experience, or 2 years of manufacturing technician in a similar health care manufacturing environment.
- Basic manufacturing GMP practice
- Simple manufacturing equipment operation and adjustment
- Clean room technology (people and material flow, cleaner and disinfectants, air flow, basic hygiene)
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Good team spirit, positive attitude. Shows a willingness to work effectively with others.
Accepts and follows directions from leads/management; respects authority; complies with request; does what they are asked to do.
Performs to required standard, owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development. Flexes as needed. Accepts constructive feedback and/or consequences without making excuses or blaming others first.
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
City of Industry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.