Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells into the NICU.
Due to dynamic growth and international expansion, we are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Marketing team. The Assoc. Director of Global Marketing will have responsibility for developing and implementing strategic marketing plans to ensure the successful introduction and adoption of Prolacta’ s neonatal nutritional products in new and emerging global markets and to drive adoption and standard of care in current markets. Responsibilities include global brand management, global product management, new product commercialization, and product mix ownership. The Associate Director of Global Marketing will lead a team of multi-level product marketing and regional marketing managers and will report to the Director of Marketing. This high visibility position will be based at the company headquarters in Duarte, CA. If you have the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to look into this opportunity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops marketing plans for specific products, protocols, and/or product enhancements, ensuring proper positioning strategies for all geographies.
· Leads pre-launch, launch, and post-launch activities; ensure effective transition of promotional plans and programs to geographic marketing post launch.
· Provides input to product design and functionality, promotional materials, sales tools, marketing collateral, and customer communication material to ensure consistency with customer needs.
· Evaluates product related communications, documentation programs, and support tools for effectiveness through objective market research, customer and sales team feedback.
· Leads activities to acquire, evaluate, store and disseminate information on competitive products and competitive information globally.
· Executes strategy via market assessments, market research, and development and delivery of effective product mix, sales tools, value analysis, pricing and problem resolution.
· Contributes to the development of global marketing strategic plan
· Collaborates with R&D and operations for product development and geographic marketing toward the successful commercialization of the business area product portfolio.
· Includes ongoing collaboration with SME’s and other individuals and teams with specialty backgrounds to support development and commercialization requirements around the globe via direct, generalists, and distributor selling efforts.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing management position within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in Biotechnology
· Experience in the major disciplines of marketing: product brand development, positioning and messages development, advertising, promotional materials, direct marketing, e-initiatives, congresses and PR.
· Professional education and KOL development experience
· Previous experience in global product marketing and global product launches
· Strong analytical skills – can optimizes the use of data and information to uncover customer and market insight
· Excellent project management skills
· Can provide strong evidence-based analysis that builds brand equity and a differential advantage
· Customer focused - can develop and sustain positive relationships to obtain customer insight
· Strong communication skills - able to tailor messaging to specific situations and audiences, and levels of the organization
· Action oriented – able to proactively identify needs/issues and develop and employ effective solutions in a timely manner
· Strong collaborator – ability to work with other functions in the organization such as IT, Sales, Medical & Clinical Affairs, to accomplish business goals
· Knowledge of global markets and key customer groups within markets
· Results oriented
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the primary functions of the job may be considered; Master’s degree preferred
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
· 20% travel
Sr. Global Product Manager, Assoc. Global Product Manager, Marketing Manager-NA, Sr. Marketing Coordinator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
“Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.” Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.