Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
The Manager of Organization Development (OD) provides OD leadership and consulting support aligned with business strategies to build organizational capability throughout the company. Through consistent deployment of corporate training and Organization Development programs meeting the unique requirements of the organization. The OD manager plans, develops, implements and administers HR programs for company employees. This position is also responsible for development and integration of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide counsel on appropriate education, training and organization development interventions to support the respective organizations’ business strategies.
· Execute on Talent Management processes such as Performance Management, Workforce Planning, Succession Management and Leadership Development.
· Consults HR leadership and business leaders on employee development, organization effectiveness, and culture change initiatives.
· In partnership with leadership, facilitates the development of the company process, supporting organization reviews and succession plans, identifies upgrade actions, and facilitates the execution of those actions.
· Assesses professional and management training and development needs, and utilizes internal resources or select external providers as appropriate for design and delivery of professional and reliable instruction.
· Performs gap analysis and focus groups to determine training needed.
· Implements Corporate OD and Training initiatives.
· Facilitates organizational improvement and feedback processes including implementation of, and monitoring of the employee survey, Performance Management, etc.
· With leadership, provides assessment and development process to establish strong supervisory leadership and employee relations competencies.
· Trains and coaches managers in support of career development discussions; collaborates with program managers and global practice leaders to respond to Human Capital related requests from the business.
· Facilitates follow-up activities which may include structured focus groups.
· Provides Cross Cultural Awareness support and facilitates Assimilation Process for new managers within the company.
· Directs the activities for an annual, consolidated training and education needs analysis consistent with the strategies of the business and the HR development needs emanating from the Leadership Team’s vision.
· Salary banding for employees.
· Oversee internship program
· Exempt position recruitment/ US & International
· Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Maintain Education Reimbursement and Career Mapping.
· Manage Employee Referral Bonus program.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· Group facilitation.
· Management and leadership program development and strong stand-up facilitation skills.
· Leadership assessment and development, work with competencies a plus.
· Developing business partnerships with leadership in the deployment of human resource strategies to support the business plan.
· Possess strong analytical, coaching and influence skills.
· Change management skills; sound working knowledge of theoretical change management models and practical experience in managing change initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· MBA or MA in Organizational Effectiveness, or Human Resources preferred.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Human Resources Development, Organization Development or training design and implementation, in a global organization with leading edge HR Systems and practices.
· Deployment of competency based performance management, leadership development, or Behavioral Based Interviewing systems.
· Involvement in HR Strategy and implementation to improve organizational effectiveness.
· Performance management systems deployment, feedback processes, including 360 feedback.
· Extensive experience as a Human Resource Manager would be a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Business Acumen.
· Critical Evaluation.
· Ethical Practice.
· Global & Cultural Awareness.
· HR Expertise.
· Leadership & Navigation.
· Relationship Management.
Work Environment (Location, travel, shift, on-call, etc.)
· FLSA Status:
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptops, smart phones, photocopiers/scanners, shredders and filing cabinets.
· This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
o City of Industry, CA and Duarte, CA