Jiobit, which develops the next generation of location-based wearables, is seeking an experienced software development engineer that thrives in the chaotic startup world. Given the importance of this role for the long-term success of the company, equity compensation will be available for the right candidate. The ideal candidate would be based in the Bay area and work out of our Menlo Park office.
About Jiobit (https://www.jiobit.com)
Jiobit is the first of its kind, always on, self-learning location aware system enabling the world’s smallest connected products. Per PC Mag: “For pure tracking... the Jiobit is the best product we've seen so far.”.
Our first product is the world's smallest and longest lasting locator for kids. It notifies parents wherever their child is by using a combination of sensors, radios, machine learning and mesh networking.
With offices in Chicago and Silicon Valley, the team is comprised of seasoned designers, marketers, and engineers (http://www.jiobit.com/about) with a history of building innovative consumer products and businesses and millions of products sold worldwide.
The company has raised more than $6M after completion of the prestigious Techstars Accelerator Program.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Participate in development and maintenance of the user-facing Jiobit iOS application.
- Design, documentation, and implementation of application features from scratch to the production-ready state.
- Collaboration with different teams (backend, firmware, mobile, e-commerce, customer care) to define requirements for the new application features.
- Delivering the highest quality app experience on time and improving existing codebase quality from release to release.
Why we want you:
- Solid knowledge of the general CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, etc.)
- Proficiency with Swift and Objective-C languages and iOS SDKs.
- Solid understanding of Threads and Concurrency, familiarity with Rx programming concept and RxSwift library.
- Understanding concepts of iOS applications UI and UX design, following iOS applications development guidelines.
- Understanding the process of iOS applications signing and submission to AppStore.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs concept to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Experience with iOS performance and memory tuning, detecting and optimization of battery-draining code, debugging and finding/resolving memory leaks.
- Hands-on experience with unit-tests and iOS UI testing automation (XCTest/XCUITest).
- Familiarity with BLE and Bluetooth APIs (ideal).
Why you want to work with us:
We like people who take risks, big and small. At Jiobit, we’re motivated every day because we do meaningful work that solves real problems. We support one another in our current roles and career aspirations, encouraging each other to learn new skills and dive deeper into our expertise.
We believe in you working the way you want to; if you have an idea, do it, we support you. We celebrate our successes (big and small) and make memories at bi-annually off-sites and team building events (kayaking, karaoke-ing, Cards Against Humanity-ing). And last but not least: Great benefits, flexible vacation policy, and the opportunity to build and influence our brand, portfolio, and culture from the ground up. That’s a risk worth taking.
We are looking to hire a full-time employee for this position. However, all new team members start as a contractor during the onboarding process for the first few weeks before being converted to W2 employees based on performance. Equity will be offered at the initial start date.
- Flexible work hours and location
- Company retreats every 6 months
Additional Benefits at W-2 Conversion:
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
- STD/LTD offered
- Basic Life Insurance