Jiobit, which develops the next generation of location-based trackers, is seeking a recent university graduate who will be responsible for the support of the Customer Experience team while working alongside senior engineering team members. The system engineering responsibilities include diagnosing and evaluating difficult customer issues, performs critical quality assurance work, testing and automation, scripting (python preferred), database work, operational automation, documentation of critical tasks, data migration and analysis. The role is an hourly contract-to-hire position, with the possibility of full time employment after demonstrated excellence and success with high quality performance.
The Jiobit customer experience and software teams work directly with consumers to solve difficult problems, learn lessons quickly and roll out changes and fixes to the field in both quick iterations and after thorough testing.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Diagnosing and solving critical customer issues.
- Analyzing and understanding data trends and addressing anomalies and issues found.
- Implementing features leveraging TCP/IP stack and associated protocols.
- Developing solutions using UART, I2C, SDIO and SPI interfaces
- Optimizing power consumption
- Working with wireless connectivity solutions (Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / Cellular)
- Solving development challenges and taking on development tasks with minimal guidance - and learning new technologies to push the envelope for what’s possible
- Suggesting alternative designs and providing a point of view to better the product
Why we want you:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (ECE) with GPA of 3.5+
- Previous internship with practical hands-on software development experience
- Firmware background with some experience with RTOS or embedded Linux
- Driver exposure would be preferable.
- Familiarity and intermediate proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Unix Shell, etc.)
- Ambitious, independent, creative, persistent and self-driven - demonstrated success and excellence in extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages outside of coursework.
- Solid knowledge of the general CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structure, object orientation, etc).
- High degree of proficiency with C software development and related toolchains
- Competency with using version control tools (GitHub, etc.) for software deployment
- Experience or coursework projects using UART, I2C, SDIO and SPI interfaces