As the VP of Marketing you are a proven marketing leader and builder. You are highly motivated by the prospect of helping to scale a rapid-growth company and have experience in growing companies from early- to later-stage development. You are a data-driven decision maker with proven analytical rigor, and you relentlessly monitor performance to drive strategic adjustments in strategies and tactics. You are a fanatic about scaling full-funnel customer acquisition strategies with a keen understanding of the mix of marketing, sales, customer, and operational dynamics that support success.
This position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Starburst and be a part of the founding members of our marketing team!
What you'll do:
- Work directly with the founders to own and implement our marketing strategy
- Set organizational goals, objectives and measurement systems for executing on your strategy
- Establish clear thought leadership among our core customer/influencer populations around our core expertise and products
- Increase marketing organization’s impact on top-funnel value creation while continuing to build upon historical marketing successes in sales enablement
- Build and manage the marketing team and collaborate with department leads across the organization (Product, Sales, Success, Engineering) to ensure alignment
- Manage marketing budget and expenditures.
- Build our product marketing practice and develop and deliver go-to-market strategies and plans.
- Work closely with sales/business development to ensure alignment and develop a strong pipeline of opportunities.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of our corporate events
You'll be a great fit if:
- 10+ years of experience with a
proven track record of success in developing strategy, driving revenue,
launching products, and managing and scaling teams
- B2B SaaS experience for a global, high growth enterprise software company
- A learner and desire to be continually challenged and learning new skills as the marketing discipline constantly evolves.
- Product Marketing expertise in positioning, messaging and go-to-market planning in complex and competitive market conditions
- You regularly roll up your sleeves to execute on a plan, doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You're flexible and comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Metrics orientation and strong marketing budget development and management skills
- A nose for creative, with strong storytelling, messaging, positioning, and differentiation skills
- Demonstrated track record of
growing top-line revenue
*Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*