We are the Presto company --- At Starburst (https://www.starburstdata.com), our team is a major contributor to the open source Presto project. We consist of many of the experts and committers who have been contributing to and advancing the Presto product over the last several years. Originally created and open sourced by Facebook under the Apache 2 License, Presto is the fastest growing SQL engine driven by a community of users --- from small companies to the Fortune 500.
Starburst is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Boston. Our team features very strong software engineering talent, with years of core database engine and distributed systems development experience. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be designing and developing the infrastructure and software for Starburst products, including Starburst Presto, Starburst Mission Control, and our Starburst Presto cloud solutions on AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Design and develop infrastructure and software for Starburst products.
- Implement core pieces of our AWS, Azure, and GCP infrastructure and customer solutions
- Contribute to development Starburst Presto on Kubernetes solution
- Develop testing infrastructure and testing across the various product integrations
- Write tests and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Build support, training, and demo environments
- Run and analyze software performance metrics
- Implement performance test automation
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Be Smart and Get Things Done
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working on SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures
- Comfortable in scripting languages
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with HashiCorp tools
- Experience with BigData processing tools / analytical engines
- Knowledge of the JVM ecosystem (running, debugging)
- Knowledge of distributed systems design, implementation and testing
- Knowledge of Database internals such as query optimization or query execution
*Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*