We are looking for a CAD Detailer / Draftsperson to join our production team. Responsibilities include translating design concepts into production drawings for our cabinet making shop. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and are familiar with building processes, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with production team to understand design elements and how production intends to build structures and apply finishes.
- Calculate dimensions in design renderings and adjust sizing as needed for production.
- Produce detailed 3D shop drawings for client sign-off.
- Produce fabrication drawings for shop, including processing 3D models into cutting files.
- Assist with CnC cut files, machine operations and safety.
- Prepare booth setup instructions and plan view layouts for finished exhibit booths.
- Help maintain production folders and details for each project.
- Stay up-to-date with vendor capabilities to ensure proper materials and fabrication techniques are used.
- Gain working knowledge of outside vendor components to aid in problem solving situations.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 3+ years of construction drawing experience for digital or shop fabrication.
- Hands-on experience with 3D modeling tools and CAD software such as Rhino. Rendering experience with tools such as V-Ray is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge and design aptitude.
- Ability to be organized, detail oriented and deadline focused while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem solver with a can-do attitude who enjoys working in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent.