Location: Anywhere you want! Sufficient timezone crossover or willingness to shift hours to work with PST/PDT colleagues required, but we encourage qualified applicants from anywhere in the world to apply.
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Director of Business Development will report to the CEO.
Position Overview: Civic is seeking an experienced Director of Business Development to join the team. As Director of Business Development, you will share responsibility for developing go to market strategies, will have primary responsibility for driving the execution of our strategic partnerships and for fast-tracking Civic’s revenue and growth by cutting critical partnerships. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to work cross-functionally across multiple internal and external teams to implement our growth initiatives, including deepening the network effects of the Civic Identity platform. You will bring your proven experiences and best practices to the team while managing your own growing team and continually seeking to streamline all BD processes.
- Identify, qualify and quantify platform partnership opportunities to grow Civic revenue and users
- Develop business cases and create innovative proposals for potential partners that drive value for both parties
- Foster relationships, and lead discussions and negotiations with partners from C-level execs to key functional leads
- Own, maintain, and develop a pipeline of partnership leads in priority verticals aligned with our identity product roadmap
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, and engineering as we develop and onboard partners
- Influence key discussions about overall partnership strategy and platform roadmap
- Influence and drive key decisions and discussions with Civic’s partners
- Work closely with the Civic’s executive team in supporting strategic partnerships
- Drive business development initiatives in collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams, including Strategy, Corporate Development, Product, Engineering, and Legal
- Maintain accountability; deliver successful outcomes with measurable results
- Identify emerging industry trends and leverage this information to inform our corporate strategy
- 5+ years of business experience
- Advanced 4-year degree in Technology or Business. MS or MBA is a plus, or equivalent experience – we will consider candidates with or without a degree
- Demonstrated success in negotiating and closing strategic technology partnerships
- Experience with partnership agreements
- Ability to structure and operate complex business deals
- Highly organized in managing all aspects of partnerships
- Experienced in executive-level presentations, both internally and externally
- Ability to work in a highly technical environment while effectively communicating key understandings to non-technical stakeholders
- Some knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing complex implementation roadmaps
- Commercial mindset and experience prioritizing competing priorities at a fast-growing company
- Ability to establish strong working relationships both internally and externally, across all levels of management
- Knowledge and experience working with project management tools like Confluence, Jira, Google Office Applications, and others
- Experience in both traditional and startup environments
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a remote work environment
- Ideally, experience working for and understanding of how to prioritize deliverables for a fast-growing company
- Prefer an active crypto investor or trader, and experience and knowledge with DeFi ecosystem