410 Medical, based in Durham, NC, is focused on innovative technology to improve resuscitation of critically ill patients. 410’s lead product, LifeFlow, is designed to enable clinicians to more effectively and efficiently deliver fluids to patients with shock and sepsis in urgent need of rapid fluid resuscitation. LifeFlow was cleared by the FDA in 2016 and is currently being marketed in the United States.
The Clinical Specialist will demonstrate, educate, and sell LifeFlow to hospitals, physicians, clinicians and paramedics in a specific geography. The position requires experience in the critical care areas of a hospital (ICU, PICU, NICU) as well as Emergency Departments. Additional call points will be pre-hospital organizations such as Air Transport, Ground Transport, and EMS agencies. This position will attend conferences and training sessions to deliver instruction. Additionally, the Clinical Specialist will collect feedback from physicians, clinicians and paramedics and work to implement best practices in the training modules. Under the direction of the VP of Sales and Clinical Manager this position will be assigned to accounts and work to develop and strengthen those accounts. A component of account acquisition is key to this role, as it may involve both direct sales as well as selling through distributors to the end user. The specific roles and responsibilities includes those listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an expertise on fluid infusion and LifeFlow
- Lead LifeFlow in-service programs for pre-hospital and hospital customers
- Conduct and/or participate in LifeFlow Sales Presentations, Clinical training programs, and customer support activities for both end user customers and in support of distributor partners.
- Provide input on sales training, product and market brochures and other materials
- Participate in “ride-alongs” – discovery/sales calls with distributor partners
- Work with 410 Regulatory support to ensure compliance in all training programs
- Periodically evaluate sales force to identify training gaps and re-training opportunities
- Maintain thorough understanding of clinical subjects relevant to 410 Medical’s products and markets.
- Gather and communicate feedback from customers and sales team (ie feedback on LifeFlow, on competitors, on disease and fluid infusion generally, on hospital practices, etc)
- Follow-up w/ clinician inquiries or leads
- Other Duties as directed
- BS in sales, marketing, BSN or equivalent work experience • 5+ years’ experience in medical device sales (Class II Med Device preferred)
- Ability to function independently
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and identify/solve problems efficiently
- Regional travel to include 50% travel overnight
- Must be able to meet hospital credentialing requirements in order to observe products within a hospital or EMS environment
- Competitive salary and benefits