Berenberg Capital Markets LLC (BCM) is a FINRA-registered US-based broker-dealer; its headquarters are located in New York, with branches in Boston and San Francisco. BCM is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG (Berenberg), one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks, established in 1590. Together BCM and Berenberg cover approximately 800 European and US equities, with a 120+ person research department based out of London and NYC. Building on its strength and expertise across multiple industries, BCM continues to rapidly expand the breadth of research, sales, trading and capital markets services it offers, in order to assist its institutional and corporate clients’ access to the global equity markets. BCM adopts the same principles as its parent company and is committed to building long-term relationships with its clients based on high levels of accountability, responsibility, insight, vision and expertise.
Equity Research Analyst –Associate, New York
Berenberg Capital Markets LLC is looking to add an Associate Analyst to its Equity Research Department, Healthcare team. The unique nature of our company allows for very early responsibility as well as accelerated coverage of stocks for this role, working directly alongside a senior analyst. This position is located in the firm’s New York City office.
· Conducting research on a range of companies within the MedTech sector, attendance at company presentations, attendance of meetings with company management, researching company accounts/reports and other sources and drafting research notes
· Financial modelling and valuation
· Undertaking various support tasks associated with the research function, updating databases, reviewing and archiving research material
· Analysing numerous data sources to produce recommendations
· Support on all therapeutics coverage on a day to day basis; to include but not limited to: checking the news each morning, writing flash notes, updating models, working on short and long-term research projects, etc.
· Liaising with various internal counterparts, including sales, ECM, trading, etc. Communicating with company managements when necessary.
· Attending industry and company events.
· Support on cross-sector healthcare-related projects, including notes and presentations.
· Support on cross-sector healthcare-related events, including lunches, seminars, and conferences.
· Creation and maintenance of a regular healthcare summary product
· 2+ years previous experience within a scientific research field OR
· 1+ years previous experience in a commercial/analytical role; preferably from an accounting or audit background within Big 4 firms
· Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degrees within life science preferred
· Enthusiasm to make the move into the Equity Research field
· Background (preferred) and Interest in healthcare sector required
· Able to work in a systematic and methodical way
· Evidence of clear analytical thinking; Strong attention to detail
· Works productively in a high pressure environment
· Passion for Equities (particularly Small-Mid Cap) and deep-dive research
· Advanced IT skills, particularly in MS Excel
· Strong knowledge of company valuations and financial modelling