Software Engineering Manager
IVES Group, Inc. is a privately held independent research provider focused on company intelligence. Our flagship service, Audit Analytics, delivers detailed information that can be used for bench-markingnon-financial indicators associated with public company performance. Many of our subscribers also use our services for prospecting new business and assessing prospective risks. Our clients include some of the largest and most prestigious organizations in the world.
Under the direction of the CTO, the Software Engineering Manager is responsible for providing the technical leadership and mentoring for a team of 10+ engineers. We are looking for an experienced software engineering manager to join our development team. The ideal candidate will have strong programming, database knowledge, and will assist in leading the creation of new products and refactoring of existing processes. The candidate should have the ability to perform as tech lead on medium/large sized projects.
- Manage and lead assigned staff. In collaboration with the director, hire, train, rate performance, and take disciplinary action. Provide technical leadership and mentor software developers.
- Contribute in the architecture, design and technology direction of our products
- Hands-on development with PHP, MySQL, shell scripts, and web technologies
- Triage the development/maintenance cycle that creates ETL processes to consume JSON, XML, CSV, HTML, and other structured and unstructured data formats
- Oversee the investigation and mitigation of system issues as necessary
- Provide governance for fixing complex system issues as necessary
- Participate in the on-call rotation with the rest of the team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with a range of multi-disciplinary partners
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional software development environment
- 4+ years of server-side programming and RDBMS experience
- 3+ years of management/supervisory responsibility for the development, implementation, and support of software applications/products
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle and thorough understanding of software design principles
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead high performing teams of talented developers
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science or related field of study, or at least 7 years of applicable experience
Ideal candidate will also have
- Experience crafting and scaling big data solutions
- Strong technical architecture and design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple time-critical projects
IVES Group, Inc. is located a few miles south of Worcester, and we are always looking to add talented members to our rapidly growing team.
This is an on-site position and no sponsorship is available. Principals only, no recruiters please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job type: Full time